This Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe originated from one on the back of a Kraft shredded cheese package. I modified the recipe to better fit my preferences, and to allow for more variances to fit your preferences.
What is a Recipe?
A recipe is simply a set of instructions for how to make a particular meal. Although many people believe that a recipe needs to be followed to a “T”… I believe that a recipe should be considered more of a guideline containing suggestions. You can choose whether to follow the instructions exactly, change it a little bit here and there, or make significant changes, all based on your personal preferences. That’s one nice thing about having a Freedom of Choice… If you don’t have these exact ingredients on hand, that’s okay. Just substitute what’s missing for something that you do have on hand. Use your best judgement about whether you think that the substitute will work well or not, and if it doesn’t taste good, that’s okay, try something different next time.
If you like this recipe and want more great ideas, stay tuned. I will be posting more from my collection over time. Here is a link to some other great recipes from Kraft.
Why Is The Temple Sharing Recipes?
Although The Temple of the Holy Beard was established as a place to share our deeply held religious beliefs, there is more in life than just beliefs. …A person needs to eat too! We all have recipes that we enjoy. Some get used on a regular basis while others may be just for special occasions. Regardless of the frequency, lets put these recipes out there for each other to enjoy. So long as the ingredients don’t violate any of the Holy Beard’s sacred teachings, let’s post them for all to enjoy.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Large non-Stick Skillet
- 13×9 inch baking dish
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless Cut into pieces.
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 large Green pepper chopped
- 1 jar 16 oz Thick and chunky salsa
- 1 10 oz corn frozen or canned and drained
- 12 6 inch tortillas
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 ½ cup Mexican style shredded cheese Shredded cheddar cheese works well too.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease bottom of 13×9 inch backing dish.
- Cook chicken. Then stir in onions, and peppers in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Then stir in salsa and corn.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with 6 tortillas. top with layers of half of the chicken mixture, then half of the sour cream and cheese, then repeat.
- Cover. Then place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Uncover. Then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a comment below to let us know what you think. Do you agree or disagree? Tell us about it.
Education. Self-Sufficiency. Spiritual Growth.