Hoarder – (noun)
- A person who collects to excess obsessively. May include things that would commonly be thrown away such as bags or broken items; or items not easily obtained. (i.e. The ultra wealthy hoard money.) Sometimes due to a mental health disorder.
- A derogatory slang term used to create tension, aggression, and division between those who are / were prepared for an emergency and those who are / were not prepared. Often blamed as a scapegoat to try to hide the fact that there is a supply chain problem when the government, or corporations don’t want you to know the truth.
- (Medical Definition) The compulsion to continually accumulate a variety of items that are often considered useless or worthless by others accompanied by an inability to discard the items without great distress. (See Hoarding Disorder)
- 1589 the word was used to describe the practice of collecting or accumulating to excess.
- 1823 – used to refer to a temporary fence, erected around a building under construction or repair in order to create a perimeter for safety and to limit access.
caching, laying away, salting away, squirreling away, stashing, stockpiling, storing, stowing, treasuring, accumulating, acquiring, amassing, assembling, collecting, concentrating, garnering, gathering, picking up, rounding up, scraping (together), heaping, banking, coffering, depositing, holding, keeping, reserving, retaining, saving, setting aside, stocking, withholding
casting, discarding, ditching, dumping, flinging (off or away), jettisoning, throwing away, throwing out, unloading, consuming, squandering, using up, wasting, handing out, handing over, relinquishing, surrendering, blowing, dissipating, lavishing, misspending, running through, spending, depleting, exhausting, expending, impoverishing
dispelling, dispersing, dissipating, scattering
Don’t take my word for it. Check out these great sites for more information.