A friend is similar to family, but not usually as deep of a connection.
2. According to ‘ampproject.org‘, the Christian “God has specific expectations of what a friend must be willing to do for a friend. These expectations include:
1) remaining loyal and helpful during good times and bad,
2) speaking the truth (tactfully) even when it hurts,
3) demonstrating the kind of love described in 1 Corinthians 13, and
4) being willing to lay down one’s life should the need arise. This final expectation as set forth in John 15:13 is the ultimate test of Biblical friendship.”
According to the Christian Bible (as one might expect), this is the only true definition of a friend.
Companion, best friend, familiar, alter ego, playmate, comrade, partner, sista, brotha, pal, sidekick, crony, main man, bestie, mate, buddy, amigo, compadre, homie, bro, homeboy,
Enemy, adversary, competition